Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lithium of Sorts

Clearly something is up with my hormones.

Is it possible for pregnancy to make a woman’s moods more stable? Has this ever happened in the history of the world?

One of my very best friends wrote yesterday to say that her partner isn’t recovering as fast as they’d hoped from his recent surgery and she wouldn’t be able to come to the wedding after all. I’m sad and disappointed but haven’t shed a single tear or slammed a single door or turned my fiancĂ© into a scapegoat for, say, buying the wrong kind of butter. I’m all, “The show must go on.”

It’s unnerving.

2 comments:

  1. I kinda feel like this has happened to me too. I put it down to the protective instinct. On some level I know that my being zen is best for my baby. I just can't be a drama queen when my stress hormones are her hormones. So I don't sweat the small stuff. Weird but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sweating some of the small stuff. I am planning a wedding, after all... But I suppose I would be a far greater basket case if I weren't knocked up!

    ReplyDelete